Venus will be turning retrograde from October 5, 2018 - November 15, 2018. The periods when Venus retrogrades is a time when unresolved issues from past relationships can emerge and ex's do tend to come back and clear up some unresolved business. So, if you hear from an ex, out of the blue during this period don't be surprised.
It's a great time to complete projects that have been started and left unfinished and time to focus inward. Take time to meditate, be in nature, time alone to reflect is very helpful during this period. Plan, dream and focus on what you would like to create for the final quarter of 2018. We are currently in the harvest energy now, notice what you have already manifested and be grateful. Clear out closets metaphorically, emotionally and physically. It is a great time to let go of things that no longer serve your highest good.
Materials: Paper, pen, clay pot (or something you can burn in) and a lighter
1. Write down 3 things you feel you are ready to release (these can be people, situations, beliefs or patterns).
2. Once you have them written down, tear up the piece of paper and put the pieces into the clay pot
3. Light the paper with the lighter and as the pieces burn, feel yourself letting go of the things that were holding you back.
(Note: Be careful and never leave the pot unattended, take all safety precautions.)
4. Dispose of the burnt paper by either burying it in the ground or wetting the pieces of paper and throwing them in the garbage.
5. OPTIONAL: You can take a salt bath or do a salt scrub to energetically remove any debris left in your Aura.